The First Gold Hotel and Gaming is conveniently located in the Blackhills and in close proximity to all major attractions such as the Days of '76 Museum, Adams Museum, Sturgis Motorcycle Rally, Mount Rushmore
, Crazy Horse Monument,
Spearfish Canyon, Custer State Park
, the Badlands, and Devils Tower.
Deadwood Attractions and TOURSAdams House, 22 Van Buren Street, (605) 578-3724.
A classic Victorian Queen Anne style-mansion built in 1892, with original contents intact. May - Sept.; 9-5 daily, and Oct.-April, Tues. - Sat. 10-4 p.m., closed winter holidays. Guided tours-$5 adults, $2 children.
Adams Museum, 54 Sherman St., (605) 578-1714,
has thousands of artifacts and historic photos as well as Potato Creek Johnny's gold nugget, the largest ever found in the Black Hills. May - Sept.; 9-5 daily, and Oct.-April, Tues. - Sat. 10-4 p.m., closed winter holidays. Suggested donation $3.
Mt. Moriah Cemetery (Boot Hill),
The final resting place of Wild Bill Hickok, Calamity Jane, Potato Creek Johnny, Preacher Smith, Dora DuFran and many other notable characters from historic Deadwood's colorful past. Open year round. Admission fee charged from mid-May to mid-October.
The Days of '76 Historic Museum, routes 85 and 14A next to the rodeo grounds, (605) 578-2872,
has 60 authentic horse-drawn vehicles, including the original Deadwood Stage.
The Original Deadwood Tour, Main Street, (605) 578-2091
, offers a fast and funny ride through history to Deadwood's Boot Hill. It's a narrated, one-hour tour.
Broken Boot Gold Mine, route 14A south of town, (605) 578-9997,
was mined by prospectors a century ago. Today you can take a guided underground tour and pan for gold there. Hours: 8:00 am to 6:00 pm daily from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Homestake Surface Tours, 160 W. Main St. in the City Park, Lead, (605) 584-3110
, Visitor Center is open year around with above ground tours available May 24th - Labor Day.